Chelsea was called to serve in Tampa Florida for the next 18 months

Chelsea was called to serve in Tampa Florida for the next 18 months

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Week one in Sarasota

 11120 Lost Creek Terrace #210 
 Bradenton, FL 34211 
 
 That is my new address. My new area is way different! I am RIGHT BY THE 
 BEACH!!! Also I live in a flippn' resort! It's kind of ridiculous how nice 
 this place is...The work is pretty slow here right now because this area 
 has only been open for 6 weeks. I am so grateful for my last week in my 
 last area though. I saw things happen there that I didn't think were 
 possible solely because we had a change in our mindset. Because of that I 
 know this area has the same potential despite it's past progress. Heavenly 
 Father Knows I love a challenge so here it goes! haha We had a mission 
 conference on Saturday with some important people from another country that 
 I cant even pretend I know how to say their names.... Anyway they gave an 
 awesome training. 
 
 He said something pretty profound about Satan. He said, "Satan cares about 
 every single one of your investigators." I hadn't really thought about that 
 before. He totally cares about me. He cares about each and every one of us. 
 He is aware of our every action. Satan is as real as God is, and sometimes 
 I forget that. I think sometimes we feel like if we are doing the things we 
 are suppose to then Satan will have no influence on us. It's true that God 
 has given us tools to defend ourselves, but even Jesus Christ struggled 
 with temptation. Of course we will too! The other realization I had was how 
 he works. President Cusick loves to use drug references when teaching about 
 Satan. My first convo with him went as follows, 
 
 Pres: "Sister Upshaw, Do you smoke Pot?" 
 Me:  "Uhhh... No?" 
 Pres:" Good! Then Satan probably isn't going to get you to go smoke a bowl 
 behind Publix is he?" 
 Me: "Probably not, President..." 
 Pres: "But he might get you to doubt yourself, or get home homesick, etc..) 
 
 First off, President Cusick cracks me up. Two he is so right! Satan is a 
 jerk and he knows exactly what will do the most damage in our lives. 
 Sometimes he just gets us to feel discouraged or to doubt for a second. 
 It's totally enough for him. He is pretty easily satisfied. He will come 
 back in a bit and get us to fall a little farther. What a punk! Luckily we 
 have a loving father in heaven who is also very aware of us and if we turn 
 to Him and do all we can to follow Him, He will provide a way for us to 
 overcome whatever we are going through. It doesn't mean it will be sunshine 
 and roses though! Just possible! I love you all so much! 
 
 -Sister Upshaw 
 
 P.s. Shay blew up the microwave!? haha I thought she was the mature one in 
 the family? Jokes! It's totes me. I am even learning how to make food that 
 doesn't come from a box! Look out world, I'm your new (insert some famous 
 chef's name here).... 
 
Chelsea's new companion Sis. Calder



 

No comments:

Post a Comment