Chelsea was called to serve in Tampa Florida for the next 18 months

Chelsea was called to serve in Tampa Florida for the next 18 months

Thursday, September 11, 2014

It is what it is" -Purdy family motto 9-8-14

"It is what it is" -Purdy family motto 
 
Saturday was absolutely the most stressful day! We had so many things 
to do before Debbie's baptism and two hours before the baptism the 
pianist said she couldn't make it, the person bringing food was 
delayed, and the programs still weren't finished! Sister Yellow and I 
were running around and had no idea what to do! Thank goodness we have 
awesome Elders in our ward who swung by the church an hour earlier to 
fill the font and set up chairs and tables. Seriously they saved our 
lives! We finally got the programs taken care of and the food arrived 
just in time for us to realize that no one had brought plates! Ahhh I 
was so stressed out! Poor Sister Yellow was just following me as I ran 
from room to room with little idea of what I was doing. Luckily a 
sweet sister showed up and pulled things from the Relief Society 
closet and got table clothes and plates and everything else we needed. 
She made everything look great! Even when we were sitting down ready 
to have the program I was feeling frustrated towards all of the 
things that fell through. Mostly I was frustrated because I 
felt like it made me look bad. We sang the opening hymn and listened 
to a talk and still I was feeling embarrassed and 
frustrated. Bishop then had us move into the room with the baptismal 
font and the second I sat down next to Debbie's daughter and we saw 
Debbie in the water, all my frustration melted. I just thought how 
silly it was that I was fussing over all the little things when the 
actual baptism was all that mattered. Then I heard the words of my 
wonderful aunts and mom, "it is what it is". I am so grateful that 
those words are what our family tries (emphasis on the tries) to live 
by. 
 
That day was filled with such a powerful spirit. Courtney was baptized 
when she was 12 and has waited seven years to see her mom make that 
choice for herself. Neither one of them could stop crying or smiling! 
Sunday night we asked Debbie if she felt different she said she felt 
more love than ever before. Both from those around her and her 
Heavenly Father. 
Sometimes we get so caught up with all the silly little details that 
we forget what really matters. I am so grateful I was able to snap out 
of it before the baptism was over and it would have been too late to 
enjoy the moment! 
 
Another amazing thing that happened this week....Des and Pat got 
married!!! You probably don't remember this Pat, but I am pretty sure 
I gave you strict instructions not to get married until I returned 
home! You already fit in with the Purdy men, they never listen...I can 
forgive you though because you two looked stunning! From what I can 
tell in the pictures Des, the wedding was so you! I loved the colors 
and the cowboy boots! Also I am grateful I have a picture with you and 
the cousins even if it is just my head in a picture frame. Haha 
seriously though, I love you both so much! Congratulations! 
 
All in all this was another wonderful week here in the FTM! Love you mas! 
 
-Sista UpSaw (no one says my name right here...) 
 
P.s. Sister Yellow is so sneaky! She totally let me get in the wrong 
car as we were leaving an appointment and just laughed her head off 
until I realized there was a reason my key wasn't unlocking the door! 
Lol 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment