Chelsea was called to serve in Tampa Florida for the next 18 months

Chelsea was called to serve in Tampa Florida for the next 18 months

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The calendar says it's December, but I don't think Florida got the memo...

This week the town next to where I am, broke the record as the hottest place in all of the US! My companion and I have come to the conclusion that all the heat from the rest of the country was sucked out and deposited here. We are kind of dying... OOH SOMEONE JUST GAVE ME A DOUGHNUT! It's a Christmas miracle! Kay I no longer care that I am dying of heat stroke in December. People are great! Anywhoo, this week was great! We found out on Saturday that we are becoming a trio! We are getting a shiny new missionary! I am so excited! We also found out that we are going full car which is pretty wonderful news if I do say so myself. Hello Holiday weight gain! Just kidding! President told me and my companion not to gain weight. It was in a loving/ slightly humorous way, but now every time we talk about obedience sister Peterson and I weigh ourselves. If we are gaining weight then we aren't being obedient! haha
I hope everyone had the chance to watch the Christmas devotional last night. If not, have no fear! It is online and you can watch it over and over and over again! Honestly, I loved it. It helped me understand my purpose as a missionary better. As a missionary it is easy to be apart of the true meaning of Christmas. I mean I spend every second of every day teaching/ studying about Christ. I have no time to get wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of Christmas. During the devotional one of the speakers asked what we were going to give to Christ this season. I don't know why giving Christ a gift for HIS birthday never occurred to me... probably because I have a hard head and I am sure I didn't let it sink in when my parents told me to do that each and every Christmas..At first I had the thought that I am giving Him a gift already by serving a mission, but I decided that really doesn't count. So I haven't figured it out yet, but I am trying to think of what it is I want to "give" Christ. What are you giving Christ? I love you all so very much! I hope you enjoy the cold weather! Send some my way ya? 

Love always,

Sister Upshaw

P.s. Lyssa, I want you to know how proud I am of your decision to be baptized! More importantly, Heavenly father is proud of you. I wish I could be there, but just know that I love you and have just the biggest smile on my face right now! Keep being the great example that you are! Love, Aunt Chelsea!

Pictures of Chelsea, Sis. Peterson and their new companion



No comments:

Post a Comment